Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Big Plans

Lily will be 3 weeks old tomorrow which means it's about time that I start working out again. Wes and I decided that this time around part of our workout schedule will be a training program for a half-marathon. There is a half-marathon on January 30 in Queen Creek that we plan on doing, it's called the London Run, check out the website- www.londonsrun.org.
I'm questioning whether or not I can get back into running shape in 5 months, but it's been so long since I've trained for anything that I really want to try. Plus, Wes said he would do it with me and I can't pass up having a running partner.
So with that said training starts tonight. This first few weeks Wes and I will only be walking, but after that we have a somewhat rigorous training schedule that will look something like this...
WeekMonTueWedThuFriSatSunTotal
13Rest33Rest4Rest13
23Rest43Rest5Rest15
33Rest43Rest6Rest16
43Rest53Rest8Rest19
53Rest53Rest10Rest21
64Rest54Rest11Rest24
74Rest64Rest12Rest26
84Rest54Rest9Rest22
93Rest43Rest8Rest18
103Rest3Walk 2Rest13.1Rest21.1
It should be fun. I simply need to keep thinking of the Nike slogan- JUST DO IT! So here we go- wish us luck!

2 comments:

Kaylee Baldwin said...

Wow, you are amazing! I was still wakling gingerly three weeks after having Theresa :) Have fun.

Diane said...

hey... good luck to you guys. ive tried 3 times to train (or start jogging/running) but keep running in to foot problems. so i just have to walk!
sounds like fun!! and who can pass up having a partner?!! :)