Saturday, October 24, 2009

October

October, what do I say. This has not been one of my most memorable months. It seemed as if the burdens just kept piling on all month long! However, things eventually turned around and this has been a good, no, a great week.
Last Sunday, October 18, Lily was blessed by her sweet Daddy. Wes gave such a beautiful blessing with so many wonderful promises. I can't even begin to express my gratitude to him for his worthiness to hold the priesthood and bless all 3 of our children. Lily's dress was amazing, thank you Mom! And thankfully we didn't have another "dropping" incident, with the way things were going this month I was fully expecting a repeat of last time.:) Afterward, we had family and friends over for a waffle bar dinner. It was excellent! I honestly think it was one of my favorite family gatherings yet.
Then on Wednesday, after a lot of persuasion from Wes, I got my hair done. I didn't want to do it because the brown was free to keep up and blond hair is expensive. I explained this to Wes many times and told him the only reason why I would go blond again was for him...his response, "Sound like a good reason to me." So I did it and guess what he LOVES it and so do I. He keeps telling me it reminds him of when we first started dating. The coolest part, he's acting like he did when we first started dating- I never knew hair could do so much!Last night Wes and I had a date night. I love date night. I used to love it when I was single, but it's so much better now that I'm married.:) We went to the Cornish Pasty Co. It was so yummy, I'm sure I gained 5 pounds. I got what they call the Pilgrim. It's basically a Thanksgiving dinner stuffed into a bread pastry and baked in the oven. It was so delicious and got me all revved up for the holidays!
Finally, as I was reading in the Book of Mormon this week, Alma talked about turning to the Lord and that through your faith your "burdens may be light"- it's true. All that has happened this month brought me to my knees and by turning to my Heavenly Father I found peace in the Atonement. This week only made me realize that more. Although October started out to be a crummy month, my burdens were lightened and it's turning out to be a very memorable one!

2 comments:

Kaylee Baldwin said...

I'm glad this month is getting better. It reminds me that even when times are tough, if we just push through and endure, they will get better eventually!

Nick and Ashley said...

Blessings are so special. Good to know you haven't lost the romance. :) Hair really does wonders. ;)