Friday, October 2, 2009

What Is Important and What Is Not

Wes and I had a little trial this week. Let's just say it involved a misunderstanding, $1600, a lot of frustration and quite a few tears. I prayed hard to find some reason that this would have happened and a way to fix it, but I don't think I was praying for the right things. I should have been praying for peace and showing my gratitude that all we lost was money.
As I left my house yesterday with Gideon in my arms the thought came, "At least I still have my children and Wes. It's only money and what is $1600 going to mean in the eternities? Nothing." I will be honest, it still stinks, but President Monson says, "I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon this earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not." Perhaps this is just such a lesson for our little family.
We are here on this earth to gain experience, not to "get gain" as it says in Book of Mormon. I have gained a little more knowledge and a little more experience from this and was reminded that money is not everything, even if the world would have you think so. I also know I have a long way to go and each trial/experience only reminds me of the long path ahead of me. Thankfully we have all of eternity to learn, because I'm going to need it.:)

PS- I'm so excited for General Conference. This is my favorite time of year, I feel like it kicks off the fall and holiday season! Nice weather- here it comes!

1 comment:

The Ulrich Clan said...

I couln't have said it better! You will be blessed...this is just a "stepping stone". I love you very much...know that God is only going to give to you what He KNOWS you can handle! It will work out!