Friday, August 21, 2009

Welcome Lily Mae

So the story goes a little like this...
Tuesday I had a non-stress test scheduled for Lily. She failed (I think I am going to have to have a talk with her about getting better grades). So they sent me over to the hospital to get induced.
At about 1 am they started the pitocin. We tried to keep things slow because Dr. T would be on at 6 am, but she decided she was ready. I started pushing around 5:20 and she got here at 5:34 am. Things went really well. Wes was the BEST coach. Always rubbing my back when the contractions got too bad and talking to me to keep my mind off the pain. I did get an epidural at about 4:30, I probably could have done it without, but I decided I would rather enjoy the delivery than be in pain. However, I did find out that Banner Desert will let you labor in a bath, so next time I might try that...sounds relaxing to me.
It's crazy to think we are now a family of 5, but I'm loving every minute of it. The boys love her, Wes loves her and I love her. I seriously am so blessed!
So here she is... my little sweet pea...Lily Mae Filhart 7lbs 5 oz and 21 inches long born Aug 19...

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Congrats! So happy she's here and that everything went well! She's adorable!

Corinne said...

She's beautiful! You guys are the cutest little family ever. I love the pic of the boys looking at her. You know that will never stop. They'll be keeping tabs on her (like big brothers should) for the rest of her life. Congrats!

M Evans said...

what a love! we should get our girls together for a play date... Adele is looking forward to it ;)

The Thompson's said...

So sweet and precious! Congrats!

David G. Filhart (a.k.a. the Davey Baby) said...

Congrats!!!!

maccam said...

Congrats you guys! She is beautiful and Mary, you look amazing! Can't wait to see her. Love, Cam

Megs said...

SO FUN!!! She is so cute but I didn't expect anything different:) All your kids are adorable! Congrats and when things settle down we will seriously have to get together!! Especially when I have a little girl!! :)