Saturday, February 21, 2009

New Home

So here it is, the new Filhart home. It is such a cute house and this picture does not really do it justice. Wes and I are so excited to get to work on it. We have plans to add wood flooring, paint inside and out, reface the kitchen cabinets and add new fixtures to name a few. The last few weeks have been somewhat of a headache, but now that the papers are signed we're getting really excited. It's so nice to know we have a place of our own that we can do whatever we want with it. We are especially looking forward to having everyone over for a backyard BBQ before it gets too hot.
Also, I plan on doing some before and after pictures as we fix the place up so watch for updates and hopefully I won't bore you all!

6 comments:

Corinne said...

YEAH!!! Congrats guys, that's so exciting! Nothing like buying your first place. I think it's way more fun to buy a place you can work on to really make it your own. Good luck!

David G. Filhart (a.k.a. the Davey Baby) said...

Oy Yeah! Where are you going to put the boat? ;) j/k

Turleygirl said...

I am so excited for your cute little family. Congrats!!!

The Thompson's said...

WOW!! congrats! Having a home of your own is so nice! You guys will love it!

Amber Howard said...

Congrats! I bet you are so excited to have a place to call your own.

Amber Bryce said...

Yay for you're new house! When are you planning you BBQ for? I'm coming to town once in March and twice in April. I want to come see you guys!