Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pee

You know I have always hated the word pee. Well now it's not just a matter of hate, I detest it! It is such a gross word, but what could describe urine better, it's just GROSS!
So once again I am up in the middle of the night because I was cleaning up, what else, pee. If it's not Steele, it's Gideon. If it's not Gideon, it's Skillet (our chihuahua). If it's not cleaning it up, it's me running to the bathroom to pee thanks to this little person growing inside.
But seriously, I have a new appreciation for mothers this morning at 4:30am. I never realized just how gross motherhood could be. However, I suppose that is what makes it so wonderful. I believe the scripture reads, "for it must needs be, that there is an oppposition in all things," the scripture then goes on to say if not so, then we could not know good or bad.
So basically I have had some pretty gross experiences over the last few years and now that I have 2 children and a dog it seems that those experiences are more frequent. Yet, as bad as cleaning up pee can be, the joy I get from my family is ten times greater. I am so thankful Heavenly Father has a plan. A plan that included some gross experiences, because without it, how would I know that my life is really PERFECT!

5 comments:

The Thompson's said...

I love this post! Thanks for sharing it! =)

M Evans said...

What a great post! (And I know how you feel sister!) Liam has been waking up every morning soaked to his armpits and he cheerfully says "I peed!" every time. And at least it's getting warmer; (good and bad) cold toilet seats at 3am are horrid.


Oh P.S. Ha-ha! Ruth came home from kindergarten yesterday in different pants, undies and socks because she, you guessed it! I feel sorry for whoever had to clean it up, she is 6, and she never has accidents like that anymore! Nice how your abhorrence of the word inspires so many memories for others to share. Anyone else have a fun story for Mary?

The Filhart Family said...

I love you Megan. It was funny, I was thinking about who might enjoy this post and your name came to mind. You always have a sense of humor! By the way, I can't get on to your blog for some reason.

The Ulrich Clan said...

It's better than the early morning wake-up call of..."Mommy, I don't feel so...BLAHHH!!!" I'm not sure anything is worse than the awful sound and smell of a sour tummy! I think that I would rather clean up PEE any day of the week!
I'm glad to see that you are blogging! Miss you a lot...
Sarah

Jessica said...

I hear your pain! Chance is liking to break in his new house! I can't wait until he can do it better! So good luck with the peeing from everybody!