Friday, February 6, 2009

Test-Run

So I had the opportunity today to experience what life might be like with 3 kids. EmmaLee came over for the day and boy was it interesting. I started out with little sleep due to neither Steele or Gideon sleepling last night. By the time EmmaLee got here at 6am I was dead tired. Then I had a doctors appointment to get ready for and trying to get myself and 3 kids ready and fed was challenging. We did it though and I was only 5 minutes late! (Now I can appreciate Sarah's predicament when it comes to being late.:)) The next challenge was trying to get 3 down for a nap. Steele and Gideon made it down, but EmmaLee didn't, maybe next time I'll accomplish all three. With all that said it was nice that EmmaLee and Steele were able to keep each other somewhat occupied while I took care of Gideon. Yet, all I could think was that in about 6 months this will be a daily task and I pray that I can get through it!

2 comments:

M Evans said...

3 is no problem, you will do great! (and it's always easier with your own.) :)

Jaymie and Donna Jones said...

I just have to remind myself that they don't start out running around and getting into thing!!! I do have to admitt (although i haven't yet with this pregnancy) I tend to have panic attacks if i think about it to much and then I am just a stressed emotional mess! But after all is said and done, everything is not as bad as i imagined!