Monday, February 24, 2014

Random Thoughts

I wasn't quite sure what to write about tonight, so here are my random thoughts from 2/24/14....

I gave my lesson yesterday in Relief Society. It went well. I have to say, I think I benefited more from it than anyone. Just a few days ago I posted on the fact that I didn't feel like I belonged in my ward, well, yesterday seemed to change that for me. As I listened to the sisters talk about their trials and hardships, I realized that most of us feel like an "outsider" at times. Once again, the teacher became the student, as so frequently happens for me, and in this case it was a much needed lesson.

Today marks week 2 of our Health Challenge. Last week I attained all 70 points possible. It wasn't too bad, but I'm sure it's going to get harder. Funny though, I thought the "write a daily journal entry" portion would be the most difficult, this has actually been the most fun. The hardest has been the "do not eat after 8pm" rule. It's killing me, especially because I'm up till 11:30 and usually don't work out till after 9, so when my workout is over I'm starving! Oh well, it's a good habit to form....I guess.

I had a patient tell me today that I am "a blessing". She is such a sweet lady and she tells me each visit how grateful she is for my visits. It makes my job worth it. But did you know I would rather be a stay-at-home mom than anything else? I love my job as an RN and most of the time the recognition/praise I get is wonderful, yet, I would give it all up in a heartbeat to be a full-time 100% Mommy. This is good for me though, I think it helps me to be more grateful for my children and when the time comes for me to be home, I can look back and remember how I felt when I wasn't at home with them all the time.

Lastly, I had to share a picture of Makenzie Rose. I'm pretty OCD about clean floors and it looks like she has picked up my crazy tendencies already. Love this little girl, she makes me smile every day.


 
Prettiest little Rose on the block. :)

No comments: