Saturday, February 22, 2014

We Love Babies

My Mom and I went to Target with the kids today. Of course the kids begged to look at the toys and of course Grandma can't say no. :) Little did I know that while I searched the toy car and gun aisle with the boys, my Mom was checking out baby dolls for Makenzie Rose.

Here is a little history on Makenzie Rose. She loves dolls. She wasn't more than 6 or 7 months old the first time I walked down the doll aisle with her in Walmart, and while there she saw a little doll wiggle and laugh and she went nuts. I was so shocked I bought her the doll, and I NEVER buy random toys. So today, when I saw my Mom looking at dolls I knew I was in trouble. Sure enough she found a cute little doll that talks and blinks its eyes while eating, and sure enough Makenzie wouldn't let it go. We have been  home for 5 hours and she has yet to leave the poor doll alone. She wants to walk, sleep and eat with her new "baby".

 
I'm glad my sweet little 16-month-old loves babies. I suppose the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in this case, because I'm kind of baby obsessed too. For that matter, we are all kind of baby fanatics in this house. Here's a great picture from Sunday when we visited a ward couple that just had a baby.


Gideon was in love, rocking, singing and cuddling this sweet girl.
 
I'm glad my kids love babies. I suppose it's a good sign considering I wouldn't mind being blessed with a few more of God's children. I love the scripture from Psalms 127:3-5 "Children are a heritage of the Lord...Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them." Now off to play with my little blessings.