Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Temples, Eve and Forever Families

Yesterday I had the opportunity to attend the Mesa Temple with my Mom. It was amazing to say the least. My mom has not been to the temple in years because now she is basically confined to a wheelchair. I knew that she wanted to go, so for the last few months I have been watching carefully to see what other people do who are also in wheelchairs. Observing others worked, and when helping my mom yestereday everything went smoothly, which allowed both of us to really focus on why we were there.
Thankfully we were able to see the newest of the temple videos (I had seen it previously and really hoped mom would be able to see it as well). If you are endowed and have not had a chance to see it, go, it's beautiful and enlightening. I have a whole new appreciation for Eve and for women in general. There is an excellent book called Eve: The Choice Maid in Eden, it's been a while since I have read it, but this book also added to my knowledge and love of Eve. She had a divine role in mankind and did not take it lightly, she, as many women do, thought carefully of her choices and ultimately chose to "multiply and replenish". How grateful I am for her choice. I often feel I can show my gratitude for what she did, by having and rearing my own children. Our ancestors, our family and our future posterity are everything. They are what bind us together and are much of what we have to look forward to in the next life. I know I'm looking forward to seeing those who have passed on like my Dad or my oldest brother Matthew (who would be 50 today if he were still alive) and I'm also looking forward to spending eternity with my sweet husband and children.
How blessed we are to have the opportunity to be with our families forever, thanks to the temple, the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the atonement. May I one day be able to stand before Eve and thank her for making such a difficult choice.

No comments: