Sunday, April 13, 2014

Christ- He Lives

In preparation for Easter Sunday, I thought I would dedicate all my blog entries this week to the true meaning of Easter which is Christ. My feelings concerning my Savior have been very close to the surface over the last few weeks. I have always known that He is the Redeemer of the world and has atoned for my sins, but recently my love for Him has grown.

This last week on 3 seperate occasions I have had a spiritual witness that He loves me! He knows me! He has accomplished all that needs to be accomplished for me to have eternal life! Something that I alone could never be worthy of obtaining. I have attended the Easter Pageant many times over the years, but this week as I watched them portray Christ's suffering both before and on the cross, my heart ached like never before. I felt a grief in my soul that I cannot describe. He is truly my Brother and I cried knowing that this man I love suffered for me, has overcome for me and wants me to return to Him again.

I may not know a lot, but this I do know, I...we...everyone has a Savior. He loves each of us. He knows us and He has atoned and overcome the bands of death so that we might live again, just as He lives now. May I do as our Sunday school teacher challenged us today, and that is to make the atonement a part of our lives each and every day. I know as I do this I will draw ever closer to this perfect Man of whom I love and respect with all my heart.

The following link is an excellent video. It is called He is Risen. May it speak to your spirit as it has to mine. Happy Sabbath.

He is Risen

No comments: