Thursday, April 3, 2014

Multitasking and Hello Dolly

Tuesdays entry-
I have learned that my life requires multiple-tasking. For example, I talk on the phone while doing dishes or other cleaning, I do my make-up while listening to the scriptures or conference talks, I exercise and write in my journal (like I'm doing right now) all of these things help me to accomplish more each day. Multi-tasking is good as long as I remember to slow down, allow time for meditation and remember that when it comes to the Lord and prayer, I should not multi-task. :)

Thursday-
Today I went to Mesa High's Hello Dolly with Steele and Lily. I was a bit worried prior to going that they wouldn't like it because it's a musical and frequently the vocabulary is difficult to understand, but to my surprise they both liked it, especially Steele. He was so cute sitting next to me laughing and pointing at the things he thought were interesting. At the intermission I let them each buy a candy to eat during Act II, he kept turning to me and saying, "thanks Mom" and sweet Lily, "this is SO fun!" It was just what the doctor ordered considering Steele and I have been arguing a lot with eachother and he has started into a very "independent" phase that I'm having trouble understanding and dealing with. It also made me think about the kind of entertainment that is bombarding my kids. I want to take them to more wholesome things like plays, musicals, etc. Steele even said he would like to be in a play when he gets older, perhaps he is not too young to look into doing theater, he definitely has the personality and the confidence. As I left tonight I was just so grateful that we still have good things in the world and that I had the chance to spend some time with 2 of my kids doing something that hopefully they will remember for a long time.

No comments: