Saturday, April 5, 2014

Missionary Work

Today was the start of General Conference weekend. General Conference is when Mormons across the world gather together to watch and listen to the Prophet and Apostles speak. It is something I look forward to every 6 months because I always feel spiritually rejuvinated. Today's sessions were just as good as ever.

Most of the talks today were on missionary work, both in this life and the next. I couldn't help and think about my Dad, especially when they talked about missionary work on the other side of the veil. I can only imagine how hard my Dad is working over there, he never stopped while on earth, so I'm sure he is going just as strong there. Because of this, I need to do my part here and make sure that I'm teaching the gospel and helping to spread the word to my neighbors and friends. I figure I will start small and invite one of my close friends to the Easter Pagaent. I have invited neighbors and aquaitances in the past, but never a close friend, so this year I will remedy that and see if I can't help someone that I love feel the sweet spirit I always feel when I go.

I'm so grateful to have the Gospel in my life. It has given me knowledge and direction that has kept me on a straight and narrow path. Frequently I think about the blessings I have been given and no matter how I look at it, I realize that all of my blessings come from my Heavenly Father. I will be forever indebted to Him and will continue to try my best to be the person He would have me be.

No comments: