Monday, April 14, 2014

Christ- Was Born

Tonight for FHE I utilized a link on lds.org that uses scriptures, pictures and songs teaches about Christ and the different stages of His life. Day 1 was "Heavenly Father sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to be born on earth." It also shares the scripture Luke 2:4-7 and recommends singing "He Sent His Son" from the Children's Song Book.

This was such a fun activity, even though it was short, to do with the kids. They love to sing and because the verses were short, we were able to go through and talk about each verse and what the mean. At the end I quizzed the kids a little on what we had learned. I am always amazed at what Steele is able to recall and how well he knows the gospel. I often wonder if he is listening to me, but then he surprises me by answering so many questions correctly. Hopefully as we continue to have FHE and as we continue to teach them each day, they will all obtain knowledge and develop their own testimonies. More than anything else in the life, I want my children to grow and be able to have their own individual testimony of the gospel and of Christ.

Here is the link to Seven Days of Easter. May it be as useful to your home as it was in mine tonight.

No comments: