Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Christ- Was a Little Child

In the craziness of my evening I forgot complete todays Easter week activity with the kids, which was to read Luke 2:40 and 52 and sing "Jesus Once was a Little Child". It looks like tomorrow we'll be doing 2 of the 7 day activities.

However, I did read a few scriptures to the kids about being kind to our brothers that I found in 3 Nephi 12. Steele was shocked when I read him the part about those being angry with their brothers or calling others a "fool" will be in danger of "hell fire". We talked about the need to be kind to our siblings because that is what we are commanded to do by Christ and our Heavenly Father. I think the "hell fire" part might have scared him a little bit, hopefully he will think about it next time he calls Gideon a name or starts to pick on him. :)

I sure love these sweet, but crazy kids. I learn from them daily. I hope every day that I can help them to "increase in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." Just as Christ did as a child and also to "[grow] and [wax] strong in spirit". This is my main focus in life in hopes that they will choose the right path and we can eventually be together for eternity with our Father and Jesus Christ.

No comments: