Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Selfies

We live in an age of selfies. What is a selfie? Wikipedia explains, "selfie is a self-portrait photograph, typically taken with a hand-held digital camera or camera phone. Selfies are often shared on social networking services such as Instagram, Twitter, Vine,Snapchat, and Tumblr. They are often casual, and are typically taken either with a camera held at arm's length or in a mirror."

There is a quote that I've seen roaming around Facebook that goes something like, "I can't cook, I can't sew, and I can't knit, but I can take an excellent selfie." I know that's a little extreme, but I often wonder where people find the time to take so many of them much less get ready for them. Or maybe I'm just jealous because everyone else knows how to take cute selfies and mine always turn out less than desirable. So in my case I can't cook, I can't sew, I can't knit and I can't even take a selfie. Looks like I need a different hobby. :)

With that being said, I found a few selfies tonight. The best part, I took 3 at slightly different angles with my hair moved in the faintest or ways. Who knew I was so vain, or maybe it's not vanity, maybe I just adore the sweet girl next to me and all of her cute faces. Love her. Enjoy!




No comments: