Monday, March 31, 2014

March Monday

It's Monday, it's the last day of March, those 2 things alone provided a very full day.

It began by volunteering in Gideon's classroom. We had to do a "lockdown drill". It was sad to me to see all those small kindergarten children sitting on the floor in the dark room having to be quiet while we pretended someone with a gun had gotten into the building. What has this world come to? :( Thankfully most of the kids didn't realize what we were really practicing for, it was more fun for them.

Following volunteering I went to work, visited 4 patients, and was grateful for the sweet spirit these patients have, it gives me strength every day I am with them.

From work I was off to Costco to buy cake, pizza, and flowers for a fellow ward member's birthday party, then off to the dollar store to get vases and cards so that I could drop off flowers and a card to the ladies I visit teach. Once I got home it was arranging and preparing for the party while I was on the phone calling in medications and supplies for the patients I visited today. Friends began to arrive, the birthday girl and her family arrived, we ate, we sang happy birthday, we laughed and we called it a night.

Following the party I dropped flowers and cards off to the 3 sisters I visit, plus one more bunch of flowers and a card to a sister that is struggling and who I love dearly. Then over to give cake to a favorite family in our ward and home to read scriptures and pray with the kids (who Wes so kindly prepared for bed). After the bedtime routine it was cleaning up, documenting, exercising and now writing in my journal.

The last thing I plan to do tonight is take a quick shower and pray that tomorrow can only be so good, even if it means being just as busy.

Good night blogger world!

No comments: