Saturday, March 15, 2014

Camping

We went camping this weekend with the ward. Of course the boys always look forward to camping, but it was a little surprising how excited Lily was, she talked about it non-stop for a week. We went to a little spot in Queen Valley on the east side of the Superstition mountains, it was a beautiful spot in the desert.

We arrived just after the sun was setting. We set up our tent and then Wes, and me, but mostly Wes, made this AMAZING dinner complete with lean steak, yellow squash, red potatoes, onion, carrots and celery. Wes loved it, I loved it and the kids loved it! After dinner we had a small devotional. Wes and I stayed up much too late talking with friends, but I have to admit learning about other ward members is always a favorite part of the ward activity for me.

The night was long and very cold, but the kids were champs and slept all through the night, however, Wes and I are getting old and didn't sleep all that well. Breakfast was fabulous and we spent the rest of the trip simply enjoying narture and life.


On the way home we asked the kids what their favorite part of the trip was and these were their responses....

Steele- "hiking around the rocks and playing with the other kids"
Gideon- "putting sticks in the fire and shooting guns"
Lily- "looking for crystal diamond rocks"
Wes- "making and eating dinner"
Me- "snuggling with Wes and Makenzie to stay warm"

It's fun hearing their answers. I love that each one was different because each one gives a little example of that specific person's personality. How grateful I am for my children, husband and ward and I'm looking forward to more fun campouts.

My favorite picture, Steel and Gideon watching the fire together. It's probably the first time this week they were within 10 feet of eachother and not fighting....wish there were more moments like this!
 

No comments: