Monday, March 3, 2014

Relationships

Tonight we had dinner and FHE with some good friends of from our ward. I always love getting together with people, but tonight was especially nice. Sometimes conversation seems strained and the lulls in exchanges awkward, but it never seems to be that way with them. We enjoyed talking about politics, religion, family, vacations, school, work, you name it and we talked about it. Time went very quickly and I kind of hated to get back to reality.

It's also nice that our children get along so well, they have 2 adorable children, one of which is quite taken with Lily and tried to kiss her. Lily just giggled and egged him on like any girl would do (I suppose she takes after her mom), which led to a little conversation about not kissing boys, who knew I'd have to start so young. Either way, it was sweet watching the kids play together and laugh.

I'm so thankful that we are given relationships all throughout our lives. I believe relationships of all kinds (even those that are difficult) are for our benefit. We grow, we learn, we begin to understand people, we find peace, we find laughter and we find joy when we spend our time with others. How grateful I am for a Heavenly Father who has given me so much, including the opportunity to develop wonderful relationships with all kinds of people.

No comments: