Sunday, March 30, 2014

Eagle Project for a Cell Phone

Steele asked for a cell phone today. WHAT?!? I am not ready to start fending off the cell phone requests. I know a lot of children have them, but I feel it's not necssary in our case. Steele is either with family, close friends or at school. In any of those situations he can call me without the need of a cell phone. As Steele was going on about how he wanted a cell phone and felt he was responsible enough to have one and how all of his friends have one, I decided to make a deal with him. I told him that before he gets a cell phone he has to get his Eagle from Boy Scouts. I remember all of my brothers having to complete their Eagles before getting their drivers license and since cell phones are now more popular than driving for teens this may just be a great goal for him. I guess now whenever he asks me for a cell phone I don't have to dread it so much because it will be a great opportunity to remind him about what he needs to accomplish first.

No comments: