Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Death

People frequently ask me, "how do you do hospice nursing?" or say "that takes a special person to do hospice." I have to admit that I don't really feel like I'm that special, I think I love this job because I know death is not the end for any of us. This quote by Elder Nelson about death sums up my thoughts...

"The aging process is a gift from God, as is death. The eventual death of your mortal body is essential to God’s great plan of happiness. Why? Because death will allow your spirit to return home to Him. From an eternal perspective, death is only premature for those who are not prepared to meet God."

How grateful I am for the knowledge of eternal life, for this knowledge not only makes my job easier, but brings great joy and peace to my life.



No comments: