Friday, March 7, 2014

My Children

My days off revolve around my children. I wouldn't have it any other way. From the time I wake up to the moment  I lay down at night, almost everything I do or think about in some way has to do with each of them.

Today was no different. I woke up to get the boys off to school, then I helped Lily and Makenzie with breakfast. After a morning of cleaning up after child-made messes, I headed off to pick up Gideon and then over to cheer on Steele during his fun-run. Now that was a proud mommy moment. Steele didn't know I was coming, so often I can't, but today I made the effort to go and the look on his face was priceless when he saw me, it almost made me cry cause he was so happy we had all come. Perhaps our presence helped push him, because he ran 3 miles today. After his fun run I had an hour to kill with the little ones so we grabbed a sandwhich before driving back to get Steele.

Once home, we rode bikes, washed dirty clothes, took naps, played a few games and then waited for Daddy (their favorite time of day). Sweet Wes made dinner today, I was so tired, and making dinner is better than bringing home flowers. After dinner we loaded up and went to the Phoenix Children's Museum. This was the best part of my day. I know I am not a perfect mom, but I feel pretty special when each of my kids ask me to play with them. When Steele looked up at me tonight and said,
"Mom can you play with me?" or when Makenzie grabbed my finger to have me follow her, or when Gideon and Lily wanted me to join their fun, that's when I know I have done something right because they still want me around. :)

Tonight as I tucked each of them in their beds I silently prayed that I can be the kind of mom they will always want to be around, the friend they can confide in, the person who will keep them safe. They are my joy, I think about them, speak about them, worry about them, write about them, love them. How grateful I am for each one of them.

No comments: