Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thursday Highlights

I thought I would share a few highlights from my day today.

  • When I dropped the kids off at Wes's moms, I was informed that I needed to get Makenzie's baby. Why? Because Makenzie spent the afternoon yesterday trying to find it by continually dumping out the diaper bag. Her strong personality continues to surprise me!
  • I was told by an nurse practitioner that she was impressed about the decisions I had made regarding a pt and that she was pleasantly surprised about how well the pt was doing.
  • My director of nursing complimented me by saying I was an exceptional case manager.
  • Went to Steele's "Cottage Fair" at Eduprize all about dinasours, he was so proud of his board and told me he thought his was the "best". He has so much confidence, it makes me smile.
  • Gideon had a fun run and ran 35 (short) laps. He id an amazing little athlete.
  • Lily wore her monkey beanie to bed tonight. She always makes me laugh with her sense of style and her sassy attitude.
  • Makenzie somehow snuck outside while I was taking the trash barrell out. I never saw her and closed the door after coming inside. Two kind ladies rang to doorbell soon after to tell us she was outside. My heart sank at the thought that it could have been so much worse and I have been saying silent prayers of gratitude all night long.
  • Following Makenzie's scare, I snuggled with her and Lily and pondered my blessings and wondered about all the times to Lord has blessed and answered my prayers. I know that He watches over me and my family continually.
  • I ran on the treadmill to relieve some of the days stress.
Today was particularly hard for some reason. Stressful and hard moments were common in my day. However, as I sat down to think about what happened today, I realized that although there were many moments I could complain about, there were just as many that were positive. How grateful I am for all my blessing great or small, and how grateful I am for trials that help me to see my blessings. May tomorrow be another day full of both (but preferrably more blessings). :)

No comments: